1. Relativism is the belief that there are no objective, absolute truths.
2. The relativist’s position is self-defeating because the relativist is making an absolute truth claim when they say, “all truth is relative.”
3. If truth is relative, on what basis can we judge or condemn the actions of people with whom we disagree?
4. Truth is the correspondence between our beliefs and reality. Relativism denies this.
5. A society not governed by absolute truths would fall apart. For example, imagine a nation where red stop signs didn’t absolutely mean “stop” for all people.